3. Josh Brookes (McAMS Yamaha) 519
4. Glenn Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) 519
5. Bradley Ray (Buildbase Suzuki) 516
6. Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) 504
World Superbike Championship
The WSBK series returns after a seemingly interminable ten-week summer break with round ten at the Algarve International Circuit at Portimao, Portugal.
With four rounds and a maximum of 200 points up for grabs, defending champion Jonathan Rea has a 92-point advantage over Ducati-mounted Chaz Davies in second and sems certin to take the title yet again.
Rea goes to Portugal having won the last four races before the summer break. He now has 49 race wins for Kawasaki. Only two riders, Carl Fogarty (52) and Troy Bayliss (55) – both with Ducati – have more wins with a single manufacturer.
Of the 18 races held at Portimao thus far, Rea has won five; the most of any rider. It is a similar story with regard to podium finishes, where Rea has finished in the top three on 12 occasions.
2018 World Superbike Championship standings
1. Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki) 370 points
2. Chaz Davies (Ducati) 278
3. Michael Van Der Mark (Yamaha) 248
4. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) 218
5. Marco Melandri (Ducati) 193