Learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, lose weight without suffering and avoid possible compulsions
Obtain lose weight and not get fat once again it is a real challenge. The famous “accordion effect” usually affects many people who bet on aggressive and, theoretically, quick strategies for shedding body fat. In the short term, some crazy diets can even work. However, they are often unsustainable. And even worse: they can trigger a binge.
With strong calorie restriction, the individual can lose weight quickly. However, that becomes a real sacrifice and, therefore, impossible to maintain for long. After reaching the initial goal, those who undergo this type of strategy again tend to significantly increase their calorie consumption. And, in this way, we return to the overweight or obese stage.
To prevent this from happening and ultimately to lose weight and not gain weight again, you need to bet on a new lifestyle. Being aware that the result will not happen overnight is also essential. The reward, at the end of the day, is being able to stabilize your weight within what is ideal and healthy for you.
In addition, with the Covid-19 pandemic, many people have become sedentary and, as a result, have gained more weight. Which raises a warning for the increase in the number of people with obesity. “It is a worrying scenario because, in addition to being overweight, there is also heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, depression and a greater propensity for certain types of cancer”, warns the nutritionist, Dr. Nathaniel Viunisk.
How to lose weight and not gain weight again
To prevent the disease from spreading further, the specialist has separated 10 tips for losing weight and not gaining weight. Watch:
- Don’t just focus on the ladder. It is also important to consume healthy foods and engage in physical activities that promote muscle mass gain.
- Bet on healthy snacks. Also, it’s best to choose protein options, such as protein bars and yogurt.
- Beware of trendy diets. Remember that the most important thing is to focus on your lifestyle, that is, with perseverance and patience.
- Don’t forget the proteins. The macronutrient is essential for maintaining muscle mass and preventing health problems.
- Set small goals and move on. To lose weight and not gain weight again, it is essential to evaluate each result achieved.
- Avoid drastic measures and be consistent. Cutting too many calories at once and skipping meals can interrupt the weight loss process.
- Include physical activities in your routine. With just 30 minutes of exercise a day it is already possible to accelerate the achievement of the set goals.
- Learn to cook. The chances of consuming something outside the diet when we don’t have control over food preparation are very high. So do it yourself.
- Pay attention to the portions. Avoid eating large meals and prefer to divide your food throughout the day. This way you avoid both hunger and exaggeration.
- Read food labels carefully. Knowing exactly what you eat is essential to avoid possible pitfalls and stick to your diet without knowing it.
Source: Dr. Nataniel Viuniski, MD, nutritionist, obesity specialist and member of the Herbalife Nutrition Nutrition Affairs Council.
Benjamin Smith is a fashion journalist and author at Gossipify, known for his coverage of the latest fashion trends and industry insights. He writes about clothing, shoes, accessories, and runway shows, providing in-depth analysis and unique perspectives. He’s respected for his ability to spot emerging designers and trends, and for providing practical fashion advice to readers.