Custom session allows groups to have shared music control, as well as the ability to see who added each track
Few things are more powerful than the connection between people through music. To make this experience better than ever, the Spotify just launched Jam: new feature that allows you to create a personalized session to listen to music in a group in real time.
At the Jameveryone in the group can have fun with shared queue control, personalized recommendations, and the ability to see who added which track.
The new tool builds on some of Spotify’s most popular features, like Match and Collaborative Playlists, and combines them with personalization technology to make listening to music with friends even better.
Check below how to use the Spotify Jamavailable this Tuesday (September 26th) in all countries:
- To start a Jamone Premium user Select the playlist or song to play. You will then see the ‘Start a Jam’ button (speaker icon) by clicking ‘Connect’ at the bottom of the screen or the three-dot menu under your favorite playlist, album or song.
- You can also select a device to mirror, whether it’s your phone or speaker. People using shared WiFi will also be prompted to join the Jam – the invitation is automatically extended to those who open the Spotify app.
- You can then invite your friends (Premium or Free users) in one of three ways:
- Activate Bluetooth and connect your phones
- Ask friends to scan the QR code on the host’s screen
- Click ‘share’ to send the link via social networks, SMS and more;
- Everyone on Jam can add songs to the queue, see who added which song, and receive recommendations, all on their own device.
- The session host also has the ability to determine who is in session. Jam, change the track order, or remove a song that doesn’t fit. The host can also enable ‘guest controls’ to allow everyone in the session to remove or change the order of tracks. When ‘guest controls’ are disabled, only the host can rearrange the queue.
- It is important to make sure your application is up to date.
Earl Johnson is a music writer at Gossipify, known for his in-depth analysis and unique perspective on the industry. A graduate of USC with a degree in Music, he brings years of experience and passion to his writing. He covers the latest releases and trends, always on the lookout for the next big thing in music.