OR gravy sauce It is a simple but traditional recipe. That is, you have to do it right to be tasty. Every flaw is revealed in the taste, as you will need very few ingredients to prepare this Italian delicacy.
So if you still don’t know how to make the perfect gravy, don’t worry. Because the Guide in the kitchen starts from the basics! Knowing how to do simple things well, your dishes will be very tasty and will conquer everyone. Trust us, see?
Now let’s go to ingredients AND step by step. Separate everything you will need and pay attention to what you will have to do to have this indispensable sauce at home. You can use it on pastes (pasta, gnocchi, lasagna and anything else your heart tells you), Meatballs and many other delicious recipes. Let’s go?
Time: 30 minutes
Performance: 4 portions
- 1 and 1/2 kg of ripe tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Chopped basil leaves to taste
- Parmesan to taste for dusting
Method of preparation:
- Remove the stems from the cherry tomatoes and make a shallow X cut at the base of each one.
- Immerse in boiling water for 30 seconds, drain and rinse in cold water
- Then remove the skin and cut into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped tomatoes and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens (Note: the time varies around 20 minutes depending on the amount of water each tomato).
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper, basil leaves and turn off the heat.
- Mix with pasta of your choice, sprinkle with Parmesan to taste
- Serve immediately.
Ben Stock is a lifestyle journalist and author at Gossipify. He writes about topics such as health, wellness, travel, food and home decor. He provides practical advice and inspiration to improve well-being, keeps readers up to date with latest lifestyle news and trends, known for his engaging writing style, in-depth analysis and unique perspectives.