Skip to content

Freshly brewed and entertaining content daily

Famous

AnnaLynne McCord gets death threats over wedding registry

Actress AnnaLynne McCord received death threats after making her £10,000 wedding registry with former rugby player Danny Cipriani public.

AnnaLynne McCord gets death threats over wedding registrySTAR INFLUX LA / BACKGRID / Neil Rasmus/BFA.com

Actress AnnaLynne McCord received death threats after a wedding registry for her Los Angeles marriage to Danny Cipriani was accidentally made public.

The 39-year-old American actress and the former England rugby player, 38, are tying the knot in their Los Angeles garden on Saturday in the first of three planned ceremonies.

Details of their wedding registry emerged last month when it was revealed that the couple had requested family and friends to foot their £10,000 wedding bill themselves. The request raised eyebrows online, with critics branding the move tacky and distasteful for two celebrities who boast a lavish lifestyle.

Speaking to The Sun, McCord explained that she had intended to send the wedding wishlist to her guestlist only and did not realise she had created a public link. She said she only discovered the link was open when a co-star at work asked her: "Are you crowdfunding for your wedding?"

McCord told the newspaper: "I was told I was despicable and that I was trying to extort money from my wedding guests. People actually donated ten dollars towards the wedding so they could write on the site that Danny and I were disgusting. There were even death threats."

AnnaLynne McCord has revealed she got sent death threats after setting up a crowdfunding page for her wedding to Danny Cipriani (pictured together earlier this week)

Crowdfunding request and registry details

McCord said she created the registry page after being inundated with enquiries from attendees about wedding gifts. "Everyone was asking what they could give us," she said. "I was like, I have five blenders. I have everything for my home."

The couple included an explanation directly on their wedding invitations. McCord said: "We wrote on the wedding invite that in lieu of gifts we would love to feel our guests’ contributions in the flowers, music and on our big day. I didn’t know that it was an open link until a co-star at work asked me: "Are you crowdfunding for your wedding?""

The couple set up their wishlist on the crowdfunding platform Honeyfund, asking for contributions ranging from £75 ($100) to £450 ($600). The registry allowed guests to put money toward specific elements of the celebration, including floral arrangements, the wedding cake and drinks for the reception. The total requested sum came to £10,660, excluding a separate section for cash donations.

Honeyfund is an online wedding registry platform founded in 2006 that enables couples to receive financial contributions for honeymoons, home down payments or event costs in place of traditional physical household items.

It was revealed last month that the former rugby star, 38, and his actress fiancée, 39, were requesting that family and friends to foot their £10,000 wedding bill themselves

Celebrity careers and financial background

The request drew backlash from commentators who highlighted the financial standing of both stars. Cipriani is estimated to have earned around £4 million during a distinguished professional rugby union career. He earned 16 caps for the England national team and played as a fly-half for top-flight clubs including Wasps, Sale Sharks, Gloucester and Bath in Premiership Rugby, as well as the Melbourne Rebels in Super Rugby.

McCord is believed to have accumulated a similar multi-million-pound fortune through her acting career. She rose to prominence in the late 2000s with roles in television dramas, notably playing Eden Lord in FX's medical series Nip/Tuck and antiheroine Naomi Clark in The CW's teen series 90210. In 2023, she joined the cast of the long-running daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives.

The couple are tying the knot in their Los Angeles garden on Saturday, in the first of their three ceremonies

Relationship history and wedding plans

Following Saturday's ceremony in California, the couple plan to hold two further wedding celebrations. They will host a second ceremony in London to allow more of Cipriani's family to attend following their short-notice Los Angeles event. A third celebration will feature a traditional ceremony in Cambodia.

McCord and Cipriani first met approximately ten years ago on Raya, an exclusive membership-based dating application popular among high-profile individuals in entertainment and sports. McCord describes Cipriani as her soulmate.

The couple dated on and off for several years before splitting in 2020. They reconnected in 2024, parted ways again in January 2025, and reconciled later in the year.

Their reunion was publicly confirmed last July when they were seen kissing at an Emmy nomination party hosted by The McCord List. Cipriani later posted a photo of McCord on Instagram for her birthday, writing: "Happy birthday to My Love. Your light shines so bright, as you see the light in everyone you meet. You give your heart so effortlessly. You are creating a world of unity and love with your star dust everywhere you go. Love you"

According to People, McCord's engagement ring features a 15-carat, emerald-cut diamond with seven round accent diamonds set in yellow gold on each side of the band. Cipriani was previously engaged to Victoria Rose in August 2020 after meeting her in 2019, before their marriage later ended.

Related

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *