gossipify logo 1

Most Brazilians reject President Lula’s new mandate, poll says

The majority of Brazilians believe that, today, just before completing a year and a half of his mandate, the President of the Republic, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, no longer deserves another chance as president in the 2026 elections, according to data from research Genial /Quest, 55% reject a new mandate for Lula, while 42% think the PT member deserves another chance. Those who did not know or did not respond are 3%.

The survey was conducted in person between May 2 and 6 among 2,045 voters.

The survey’s margin of error is plus or minus 2 percentage points and the confidence level is 95%.

“Although it is still far away, the 2026 elections are already starting to take shape. President Lula will have to win the trust of the majority of the electorate to deserve another chance. Opposition names are working to gain knowledge,” says Felipe Nunes, director of Quaest.

North East

According to the survey, the only region where the majority of the electorate supports that Lula has a new opportunity in 2026 is the Northeast, where 60% indicated this option and 38% rejected the hypothesis.

Lula’s situation is more difficult in the South-East, where 63% of those who refuse a new chance for the PT are PT members. On the other hand, 33% say he deserves a new mandate.

Even in the South, 59% reject a new election for Lula, while 39% support it.

Overall, the West Central and North regions have a combined 58% saying Lula doesn’t deserve another chance and 37% saying the opposite.

Although Lula performed better among women, 52% of them also reject a new mandate for the PT member (59% among men), while 45% support a possible re-election (38% among male voters).

Lula has the majority of votes in the income range up to 2 minimum wages (from 54% to 43%) and in the elementary education range (from 54% to 44%). On the other hand, the results are much worse in the range up to five minimum wages (66% against and 29% for) and in higher education (63% against 32%).

Even among PT voters there is a part that does not want to give Lula another chance. While 74% of those who voted for the president in the second round defend another opportunity, 23% reject this hypothesis.

Naturally, dissatisfaction is greatest among Bolsonaro’s voters. Among this group, 93% think Lula doesn’t deserve another chance and 6% say yes. Finally, among those who voted blank, invalid or did not vote, 63% reject Lula’s new mandate and 31% support it.

Despite the majority rejecting a new mandate, Lula is the political figure with the highest voting rate among the personalities tested. He could receive the vote of 47% of voters, compared to 39% for former president Jair Bolsonaro, who is not eligible, 32% for Finance Minister Fernando Haddad and 33% for former first lady Michelle Bolsonaro.

On the other hand, 54% would not vote for Bolsonaro and 50% would not trust Haddad and Michelle. In the case of the president the percentage is 49%.

Other figures, such as the governors of São Paulo, Tarcísio de Freitas (Republicans), of Paraná, Ratinho Júnior (PSD), of Minas, Romeu Zema (Novo), and of Goiás, Ronaldo Caiado (União) have the right to vote and refuse smaller, since they have large portions of ignorance in the electorate.

The survey also measured who respondents thought would be the best choice to replace Bolsonaro at the polls in 2026 as the name of the right.

Names

The most cited were Michelle Bolsonaro (28%) and Tarcísio de Freitas (24%). The former first lady and Tarcísio, governor of São Paulo, are the two names most mentioned as options to replace Jair Bolsonaro (PL) in 2026.

The former president is ineligible due to a decision by the Superior Electoral Court (TSE) and is seeking to overturn the decision through appeals.

The information is from the newspaper The State of S. Paolo.

Source: Terra

You may also like

Hot News

TRENDING NEWS

SUBSCRIBE

Join our community of like-minded individuals and never miss out on important news and updates again.

follow us