gossipify logo 1
Traders increase bets that the Fed will cut interest rates in September after inflation data

Traders increase bets that the Fed will cut interest rates in September after inflation data

Traders on Friday raised bets that the Federal Reserve will make a first interest rate cut in September, after a U.S. Commerce Department report showed inflation may have made little progress toward its target. by the US central bank by 2% last month.

Following the report, which showed the core PCE index rose 0.2% in April from the previous month, investors priced in a roughly 51% chance of a rate cut in September, up from around 49% before intercourse. Economists had expected the core PCE index to rise 0.3% in April.

Source: Terra

You may also like

Hot News

TRENDING NEWS

SUBSCRIBE

Join our community of like-minded individuals and never miss out on important news and updates again.

follow us