Neymar returning to Santos? What is known about negotiation

Neymar returning to Santos? What is known about negotiation


The club from the coast of Sao Paulo could have Menino da Vila back in the first half of the year

President of Santos, Marcelo Teixeira spoke openly at the end of last year about a hiring plan Neymar. He said he is monitoring the attacker’s situation and will most likely bring him in mid-year, when the star’s contract with the club expires. Al-Hilalfrom Saudi Arabia. Now, however, there is a good chance that Menino da Vila will return home in the first semester.

As reported by the specialized portal Fish diarythe Santos board has reached an agreement to repatriate Neymar. The possibility of taking him on loan during the remaining six months of his contract with Al-Hilal was considered, but at the moment the efforts of the team led by Neymar Pai are focused on terminating the contract with the Saudi club, according to what information was reported from GE.



Once the termination has been signed, all that remains is the signing with the team from the Sao Paulo coast, which is optimistic and hopes to have the player in January.

After Paulistão’s 1-1 draw against Ponte Preta on Sunday, Santos coach Pedro Caixinha was asked about the idol’s return to Vila and did not want to talk about the matter.

“I’m here to talk about the match, this is the important thing, this is what post-match press conferences are for. What I can tell you is that any coach would want Neymar in the squad. There is no official news on this yet. If this happens, if it doesn’t happen, for me it will never have happened,” he said.

Neymar is out of Jorge Jesus’ plans for the Saudi championship. The coach has already said publicly that he will not enroll him in the competition, due to his current physical situation, although he intends to use him in the Asian Champions League matches and the new Club World Cup. According to the Portuguese assessment, the Brazilian does not have sufficient conditions to take the place of another foreigner in the squad, which would be necessary according to the rules of Saudi football.

According to the regulations, teams cannot enroll more than ten foreign athletes. Among the ten, two must have been born from 2003 onwards. In race reports the limit for foreigners is eight athletes per club. In addition to Neymar, Al-Hilal has the Moroccan Bono, the Senegalese Koulibaly, the Brazilians Malcom, Marcos Leonardo and Renan Lodi, the Portuguese João Cancelo and Rúben Neves and the Serbians Mitrovic and Milinkovic-Savic

When Jesus talks about Neymar’s physical problems, he is referring to the athlete’s recent injury history and the fact that he is still recovering. The striker was out of action for a year and four days after undergoing knee surgery and returned to action in October last year.

Just over two weeks later, he was diagnosed with another injury, this time to the thigh, and was sidelined again. He also participated in a training match on December 30 and also scored a goal, but it was not enough to be registered for the Saudi championship.

Source: Terra

You may also like