Spanish singer Alejandro Sanz has offered his support to victims of recent devastating earthquakes that have struck Venezuela, Colombia, Indonesia and Spain.
The Corazón Partío singer shared a message of solidarity over the weekend through his official Instagram stories, calling for unity as death tolls continue to rise across multiple countries.

Disaster statistics highlight the scale of recent seismic events across South America, Asia and Europe. A major earthquake that devastated Venezuela on June 24 has claimed 6,301 lives so far, with between 10,000 and 40,000 people currently reported missing.

In Colombia, a magnitude 7.4 earthquake on August 10 left 281 people dead, 3,824 injured and 379 missing. Indonesia was hit by a magnitude 7.7 earthquake that has left at least 53 people dead and two severely injured, while Granada in southern Spain has experienced several earthquakes this month.
Celebrity solidarity and social media message
Numerous influencers, singers and public figures have expressed support in recent weeks for those affected by the tragic quakes. Sanz has been among the most vocal public figures showing empathy for the victims on social media platforms.

Writing on Instagram, Sanz said that the earth was trembling in different corners of the world and taking many lives with it. He noted that people are dying, families are losing everything, homes full of memories are being destroyed and futures are disappearing in a matter of seconds.
Sanz named Venezuela, Colombia, Indonesia and Granada in his post, describing them as different names for the exact same pain. He expressed his hope that people will never forget that no borders exist beneath human feet, adding that all people belong to the same fragile and passing humanity.
The musician urged the international community to respond with compassion whenever disaster strikes. He said that when the earth trembles for one nation, the entire world should know how to embrace it, adding that every tragedy must serve as a reminder that humanity inhabits a shared home and should act as a single world when needed most.
Deep connections to Colombia and Granada
Sanz maintains strong personal and professional connections to the places affected by the recent earthquakes. He has long expressed a deep affection for Colombia, a bond strengthened by his close friendship with Colombian singer Shakira.
The two artists share mutual affection and respect. Following a joint performance, Sanz dedicated a public post to Shakira, writing that certain nights are repeated by the universe on purpose because some stories deserve infinite takes and remain magical. He called her the best thing Colombia has produced.
Sanz also shares strong roots with Granada through its neighboring province of Cádiz in Andalusia. Although born and raised in the Spanish capital of Madrid, Sanz spent his summer vacations in Cádiz, where his parents were born.
The singer has spent significant time in Cádiz, famous for its emblematic castle, which shares the autonomous community of Andalusia with Granada. Sanz has performed in Granada eight times throughout his career, with his most recent appearance taking place last year at the 39th Goya Awards ceremony held at the Palacio de Congresos.
His history of concerts in Granada dates back to 1995, when he presented his third album at the Plaza de Toros. He returned to the bullring venue in 2015 for his Sirope tour and again in 2023 with his Sanz En Vivo show.
Sanz also played the Coliseo Ciudad de Atarfe in 2010 during his Paraíso Tour, as well as the Palacio de Deportes in 2004 and 2007 for his No Es Lo Mismo and El Tren De Los Momentos tours.
